Scholastic Fantasy #1: Proenza SCHOOLer

proenza schouler, vlada, uniform, fashion, escapist



Illustration:
Vlada wears proenza schouler trench coat and dress. Bag proenza schouler.

It was not a long time ago when the duo Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough featured uniform dressing which stamped the brand Proenza Schouler possibly for posterity. I think their design philosophy isn't actually that complicated nor ambitious - just the young girl outfitted in utilitarian cool (not the price though). Since then, they explored different grounds with that thematic fantasy until lately they reverted back to the uniform. More than ever, I'm lusting for their Pre-fall collection.




*Photos from Style.com


These cool looks would certainly be a vitamin supplement for my queer eyes and basically for every pixel-hungry window shopper. That blue bag is obviously very similar to their cute PS1 bags although the size still looks frugal. An odd item is that draped teal dress with an asymmetrical trim running on the bodice which is a bit disoriented to fit in the collection. It looks somewhat unusual for the brand's aesthetic. But we know sometimes how the odd things can turn to a novelty.


So absurd that I have to visually illustrate my fantasy about school-dressing and going back to studying since I'm a college drop-out (probably fixated). Blogging is free, to begin with so why can't I keep a visual diary of my out of this world fantasies? Included on my illustration is a Proenza Schouler jacket I found at Netaporter with an edgy tailoring. At first impression I thought it looked Belstaff-y but it's so much more than just a trench given its quirky details like the relapsing collar with buckle fasteners (also on the cuffs) and the paneled back. The teal dress from the pre-fall collection I incorporated as well on pre-rafaelite beauty Vlada, who's my prototype paper dolly for this look while sporting that sundae twirled hair.

To put my self in these stern looking sleeves at academic premises perhaps won't make me smarter in Math, rather to benefit from its uncompromising don't mess with me attitude.


Add to Technorati Favorites Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: